Job Description – Summer Tubing Staff – Zion Adventure Company
The Tubing Staff of Zion Adventure Company is an essential part of our summer staff. Our tubing staff is skilled at helping visitors make informed decisions about Virgin River Tubing. It is our job, as an information source, to help guests leave with an empowering sense of direction.
•Facilitating meaningful, helpful, intelligent, and pleasant conversations with customers
• Outfitting customers with their Tubing needs
• Giving customers pre-launch logistics and safety briefings
• Making pick-up runs with a van and trailer to return customers to our store at the conclusion of their tubing event
• Running the cash register
• Managing Tubing Reservations
• Cleaning and repairing Tubing equipment
• Managing inventory
• Answering the phone
We hire intelligent people who can solve problems quickly. We look for genuinely friendly people who represent themselves and our business well, and treat our customers with great care and attention. If you are outgoing, a fast-learner, and willing to work hard for a team with a lofty goal in mind, we want to meet you. We can teach you many skills, but you must come to us with a excitement for learning, passion for service and a readiness to absorb new skills and knowledge.
This position requires a high level of responsibility and accountability. We strive to ensure all interactions with our customers are positive, fulfilling, and inspiring. We operate in a professional manner and we expect those working in our shop to do so as well.
We train people for this position, but we expect them to learn quickly. This is a fast-paced business and can be demanding. Those who can demonstrate the ability to work well independently, under pressure, communicate well via phone and email, remember many important details, and remain organized will succeed in this position.
• A passion for service
• Ability to work May 15 through September 8 preferred
• At least 21 years of age
• Comfortable with computers as productivity tools. ZAC works with Macintosh computers – some familiarity with Macintosh is helpful.
• Compensation: Commensurate with skills, experience, and commitment. Employees earn hourly rates.
Desired Knowledge and Skills
• A willingness to learn and teach
• Strong spoken communication skills
• An outstanding work ethic
• An ability to work in a team-oriented environment
• A commitment to serving others
• A strong attention to detail
• An engaging personality: outgoing - enjoys working with others
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude
• Enjoys creating order in chaotic environments
• Ability to work and stay on task with minimal supervision
• Ability to apply problem-solving skills
• An astounding clientele, from all ages, places, and walks of life
• Opportunity to work outside
• Live within the towering walls of Zion National Park
• Pro-purchase opportunities from many outdoor equipment manufacturers
• Work with an incredible team dedicated to a high quality of life and excellence in all we do
• Free tuition for ZAC guided trips and courses in canyoneering, climbing, mountain biking, hiking, road biking
Application Deadline: March 31st; positions beginning May 15 and after
CONTACT: Dave Buckingham, Tubing Coordinator, at email@example.com
More information: www.zionadventures.com
or call us at 435-772-1001