Green Building Project Manager
GreenShape LLC is a nationally recognized green building and sustainability consulting firm based in Washington, DC. We help architects, developers, and the construction industry create high performance green buildings and lead building owners and operators to establish sustainability master plans and programs for healthy living.
GreenShape is seeking a LEED Accredited Professional with relevant green building experience.
The Project Manager reports directly to the Principal. Responsibilities of this position include:
- Facilitating meetings, sustainability goal-setting workshops and green building charrettes
- Guiding the development of LEED certification strategies
- Managing research on the latest technologies and trends in green building and sustainable practice
- Overseeing or reviewing project specifications and drawings for inclusion of green features and LEED-related requirements
- Providing technical guidance to assist clients in using sustainable materials, technologies and practices
- Advising architectural, engineering and construction teams on the LEED documentation process and reviewing submittals for accuracy and completeness
- Managing the LEED certification process and interactions with the USGBC and GBCI
- Overseeing the developing educational materials to promote sustainable features
- Managing, directing and training technical support staff
- Delivering presentations
- Cultivating client relationships
- Reviewing RFP's and drafting scopes of work and fee proposals
Applicants for the Project Manager position should hold a Bachelor or Masters Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Environmental Science or a related field with at least 5 years of relevant professional experience. Candidates must demonstrate working knowledge of the LEED rating system and prior experience documenting a LEED project. Applicants should have proven management experience and a track record of successfully managing project schedules, scopes, budgets and staff.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent time management, planning, analytic and organization skills
- Strong people skills and a commitment to training and mentoring our clients and support staff
- Skilled at multi-tasking and juggling competing priorities and deadlines
- Strong, concise writer with impeccable editorial skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal communications skills and a friendly, positive disposition
- Resourceful and able to find creative solutions
- Self-directed and able to work well independently and as part of a team
- Detail-oriented and able to effectively manage large amounts of information
- Proficient with Excel, MS Word, and Outlook
Compensation: GreenShape offers a competitive salary (commensurate with experience) and excellent benefits including an employer-sponsored retirement plan. Our office is located in the central business district in Washington, DC, one block from metro red, orange and blue lines at Farragut Square. For more information, visit our web site.
To Apply: Please submit your resume and a letter of interest outlining your relevant experience and green building career goals. Please indicate your name and job title (Project Manager) in the subject line of your email.
Contact Information: Benjamin DeMeo, 202-544-1400, hr(at)greenshape.com