The Trail Town Outreach Corps submits work to a number of town newsletters and publications, including the Daily Courier and the Herald-Standard (newspapers distributing in Connellsville), to publicize events and give general updates about community building and development opportunities.
Past articles include:
- Raising awareness about litter and its effect on community perception, natural habitat, and human health.
- Contributing to the local food movement by donating produce from backyard gardens to a non-profit that can then sell it at the farmers' market.
- What do sustainable economic development and green tourism really mean?
- Explaining the Trail Town Ice Cream contest for all the towns participating
- Outlines of TTOC projects and corps member bios
Other publications, other than those named above, include a quarterly edition of the Connellsville Cultural Trust newsletter and Buy Local's newsletter through Fay-Penn Economic Development.
In addition, TTOC projects have been featured by numerous papers and online media. The list below is not exhaustive:
Coverage of Earth Day Clean-Up and Planting event:
Explaining the Great Allegheny Passage and TTOC's role:
Monthly Clean-ups in Connellsville:
Community Charrette for Connellsville Community, which TTOC helped to facilitate:
Trail Town Ice Cream Contest:
Trail Town Ice Cream Names Released:
Farmers' Market Begins:
Trail Town Farmers Markets:
Trail Town Specialties: