GREEN BUILDING ALLIANCE
GOAL 1: Publish the 2008 Pittsburgh Greenhouse Gas Emissions Inventory Report
- All data is collected, the last piece being electricity data from Duquesne Light Co.
- The final draft of the inventory report is being circulated for internal review, and then there are key players (PCI Partners, CMU’s graduate class that has worked on inventories) who will assist as third party reviewers.
- Our graphic artist and her intern are working on the layout so that it looks like a physically published document, but it will only be published online and distributed electronically.
- Planning is underway for the report’s release, in conjunction with the County’s baseline inventory.
GOAL 2: Draft the Pittsburgh Climate Action Plan, Version 2.0 (PCAP v2)
- I have met with the leaders of each sector to plan how their committee will develop recommendations.
-- Each sector will approach their chapter of the climate action plan differently, based on the messaging needs and structure of their target audience.
-- We’re working to develop better strategies for the County’s inclusion.
-- We’re working to develop better strategies for the Authorities’ inclusion.
-- Overall, there is a step by step approach for each sector, and then continuing conversation.
- I am continuing to build lists of recommendations from other cities’ climate action plans.
- I have met with three former members of the GGTF, the only three who responded to my ask. We discussed their insight into PCI’s progress and areas for improvement, and plans for involvement in future recommendation development.
- Attended a Rain Garden Alliance meeting for potential inclusion in 2.0
- Recruited TerraShift into the BCC after conversations about their work for 2.0 inclusion.
GOAL 3: Support events and meetings for the Higher Education Climate Consortium
- I organized goals and discussion for HECC’s April meeting.
- Registered a table for the Water Matters! conference to represent HECC and PCI.
- Re-initiated conversation with 3 schools who still have yet to give me information for their web pages.
GOAL 4: Support meetings and management of the PCI Partners.
- I have been researching 2011 funding opportunities for the PCI through our local Foundation Center and through information on how other cities’ climate initiatives are funded.
- We’ve been continuing the group feedback and discussion process around a new vision, mission, values statements, organizational partnerships, and management commitment for the PCI.
GOAL 5: Participate in Community Service Opportunities in Pittsburgh.
- Volunteered with a Highland Park tree planting.
- Led a crew for the PPC’s Panther Hallow Earth Day Extravaganza
- Volunteered with a Tree Care Workshop on Polish Hill to prune street trees.