Overview - GirlVentures is a strengths-based nonprofit, offering outdoor adventure programs to empower adolescent girls to develop and express their strengths.
We are seeking a smart, detail oriented, fun candidate who'll be responsible for providing administrative, bookkeeping, marketing, fundraising, and program support to the GirlVentures staff. This position is integral to the team by overseeing GirlVentures’ database and office systems, while contributing to important operations, fundraising and program activities. This is a full-time position with health and dental benefits paid at 100%, including company holidays, earned vacation and sick time.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES INCLUDE:
• Maintain Salesforce database including data entry and contact management.
• Run donor reports and send acknowledgments.
• Assist with record keeping and bookkeeping procedures including: process credit card payments made to GV, prepare check deposits, code invoices, prepare and mail bill payments, etc.
• Coordinate office operations including: manage organizational calendars, maintain filing systems, anticipate need and order office supplies, maintain office equipment and key vendors.
• Retrieve phone messages and mail, take meeting minutes, and handle inquiries.
• Organize applicant folders and assist with program admissions process.
• Coordinate volunteers during quarterly volunteer nights at the GV office, volunteer appreciation parties, camp fairs, and fundraising events.
• Coordinate outreach events to cultivate clients, volunteers and donors and attend as needed.
• Support marketing efforts by updating website (WordPress), Social Media outlets and assist with implementation of fundraising events.
• Provide event support for annual breakfast, graduations, hike, etc.
• Serve as liaison to tech consultant, schedule maintenance and repair.
DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Experience with Salesforce or equivalent database required.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, detail and organization skills.
• Proactive, requires minimal supervision, excellent problem solving skills.
• Deals with confidential issues using discretion and judgment.
• 2-3 years administrative experience required.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
• Experience managing volunteers preferred.
• Bookkeeping experience a plus; attention to detail and accuracy in executing transactions is vital.
• Ability to take initiative as well as direction.
• Enthusiastic, organized and self-motivated with a sense of humor.
• Commitment to supporting girls and/or outdoor adventure programs.
• GirlVentures uses Macs; Excellent computer skills, proficiency in Mac MS Office and Excel required.
• Fluent in Spanish a plus.
CONTACT: To Apply - Please send resume & cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!