2013 Conservation Leadership Corps Program for High School Aged Students 15-19 yrs old from DC, VA, & MD.
SCA's Conservation Leadership Corps Program will have crews of high school students working in local parks one weekend a month from January 2013-May 2013. As a member of a CLC you will:
- Volunteer one weekend a month throughout the school year in the Washington DC Area and earn 100 Community Service hours.
- Meet one weekday a month for 2 hours after school to participate in Green Jobs Curriculum training.
- Build trails, restore river and lakefront environments, and conserve habitats.
- Learn about your environment through weekend camping excursions
- Give back to your community through service projects
- And, we will encourage you to join an all-expense paid SCA National Summer Crew to experience the outdoors away from home in National Parks Across the country.
Transportation will be provided to and from a metro stop. Lunch and work gear (hats, longsleeve shirts, gloves, helmets, and tools) will also be provided to all students in the program.
APPLY HERE: NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
This year, the CLC Program weekends are as followed (set but subject to change depending on weather):
- January 25-27 (CLC Overnight Retreat Weekend)
- February 9-10
- March 9-10
- April 13-14
- May 18-19 (Overnight Camping Weekend)
You must be available to participate in every CLC activity. The once a month Green Jobs Curriculum training will happen after school during the week before the scheduled CLC weekend. Those dates will be determined depending on CLC member's and Crew Leader's availability during the week.
Thanks again for your interest in SCA's Conservation Leadership Corps Program! If you have questions please contact Monique Dailey at email@example.com or 703-524-2441 ext. 2016.