Lead the nation’s premier volunteer-based trail crew programs on the spectacular Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail. This is a great career-building opportunity for rising professionals.
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
• Work with volunteer trail crews to teach excellent trail work
• Oversee projects on the ground along the Pacific Crest Trail
• Spend time outdoors and on the trail
The Technical Advisor is a full-time seasonal staff position working on trail projects along the PCT in Washington. This is a temporary position, 8 weeks, from Aug 20-Oct 13, 2012. Compensation is $640 weekly. Dependable personal transportation is required and mileage is reimbursed.
We are seeking applicants with:
• Minimum of two years of relevant professional experience or five years of substantial volunteer experience
• Experience in training, managing, and leading trail crews
• Backcountry living and Leave No Trace skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• The ability and willingness to travel on the PCT in remote, backcountry locations, often requiring several days of backcountry travel and living in all weather conditions
• Trail design, construction, and maintenance skills
• Proven experience in working with volunteers
• The ability to perform physical trail work
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team player
• Good interpersonal and relationship-building skills
• Ability to recognize, assess and plan for future trail rehabilitation projects
• Familiarity with alpine trail conditions including ecology and restoration
Please e-mail resume, list of three references, letter of interest detailing applicable qualifications, and salary history to Dana Hendricks at firstname.lastname@example.org  with the subject Technical Advisor. Additional information on this position and Pacific Crest Trail Association are online at www.pcta.org . For questions, contact Dana at 541-844-9133.
Pacific Crest Trail Association is an Equal Opportunity Provider.