The Logistics Coordinator is a full-time seasonal position located in the Seattle area. The Logistics Coordinator will ensure that WTA’s Volunteer Vacation program is provided with necessary food and gear to support over 45 trips. The Logistics Coordinator works directly with the Chief Crew Leaders and reports directly to WTA’s Project Coordinator. Position is based out of North Bend.
Specific Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Determine food and gear requirements based on volunteer sign ups
• Purchase and pack food for multiple simultaneous trips
• Ensure correct gear to correct location
• Transport food and gear to trailheads
• Inspect, clean and maintain gear
Washington Trails Association (WTA) is a non-profit organization helping to protect the hiking trails of Washington. Our primary focus is keeping trails open to hikers through maintenance and advocacy. With more than 700 work parties annually, WTA has one of the largest volunteer trail maintenance programs in the country. Throughout the year, volunteers maintain, repair and build hiking trails throughout Washington State.
The work weeks run Tuesday to Saturday. Flexibility is required.
• Clean driving record with valid driver license
• Able to lift 75lbs
• Have ability to work independently, but also contribute to a team effort
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Must be available from May through the end of September
• Reliable vehicle, must be able to transport gear, (WTA provides mileage reimbursement) or work vehicle provided
Compensation is $12.00 – $14.00/hr, dependent on experience
Provide a resume, a brief cover letter describing your experience and qualifications, and at least two references.
Email the above materials to: