Want to have a rewarding experience this summer working to green our nation's capital while engaging and mentoring youth from around the District? Then the Mayor's Green Summer Job Corps is the place for you!
In 2009, our supervisors led the nation's largest green collar jobs training program through a successful nine week program. Through hard work, dedication, positive energy and a lot of fun our staff and program youth transformed many areas of the District into greener, cleaner and safer areas for all residents and visitors to the District to enjoy.
Below is a quick glimpse of some of the projects accomplished in 2009:
- Installed rain gardens throughout the District;
- Built and installed planters for native vegetation along the H Street Corridor
- Maintained (mulched, pruned and watered) newly planted trees across the District;
- Removed many tons of garbage from District waterways;
- Labeled storm drains to prevent pollution in the Anacostia River;
- Educated District residents on energy efficiency through the distribution of CFL bulbs and weatherization kits - over 500 resident homes served; and
- Tons of invasive plant species removed from wetland areas to promote the reintroduction of native wildlife.
If you are interested in having a summer experience that will change your life - join us this summer and apply today. Please follow this link to read job descriptions and pay levels .
We are currently hiring for several positions - Team Leaders, Site Managers and Program Managers.
Please follow this link to apply online today: https://summerjobs.dc.gov/supvapps/ddoesupv.aspx