The Carbon War Room is an NGO that was co-founded by Sir Richard Branson to identify and implement market-based solutions to climate change using the power of entrepreneurs. Carbon War Room fulfills a critically strategic role in implementing solutions to address climate change. For more information, please visit www.carbonwarroom.com .
The Carbon War Room in the Washington, DC office is hiring a Development Associate. This position will offer applicants interested in gaining practical experience with an environmental and energy non- profit organization a chance to work closely with senior level management in fundraising. The selected applicant will participate in a variety of activities that support both organizational and individual development.
The role of the Development Associate is a unique experience for motivated and talented graduate interested in developing expertise relevant to fundraising development in the post-carbon economy.
Superior organizational, analytical and logistical skills. A proven concern for detail and timely follow through. Experience with database maintenance and technology integration. Ability to work effectively with various individuals, as well as balance and prioritize multiple requests is essential for success in this position. Strong written and verbal skills; knowledge of Foundation and government grant processes desired but not essential.
• Reports to the Director of Development on operation based development activities, research major potential funders, and special projects.
• Updating and active management of schedules and calendar for fundraising and development related events.
• Research funding both corporate and individual funding sources.
• Keep all development database lists updated and cleaned. Responsible for maintaining and ensuring data integrity.
• Coordinate and provide content with Operations and Research teams on Carbon War Room events.
• Track and analyze donor information.
• Routes or answers routine correspondence not requiring Director’s attention
• Writing and sending outgoing communications: letters and/or memorandums printing, publication, and dissemination of documents
• The ideal candidate will have 1-2+ years experience in a professional role working in fundraising.
Candidates should possess the following:
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs especially Word, Excel and Access.
• Knowledge of Salesforce - preferred but not required
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Flexible; willing and able to do a variety of tasks
• Desire to increase job efficiency and productivity by developing and recommending new procedures and systems
How to Apply:
• If interested in joining the Carbon War Room please submit a resume and cover letter to Ginna Newton, Director of HR, at firstname.lastname@example.org . The subject line of your email should include: Your Name | Development Associate. We are looking to hire immediately and will do so when we find the best applicant.