This professional-level position is responsible for implementing assigned workplans for the Field Conservation Programs division of Defenders of Wildlife.
- Serves as special projects coordinator, finding creative solutions to cross-cutting emerging issues affecting Defenders’ field offices and focusing on carnivores.
- Responsibilities include developing and implementing programs, initiatives, strategies, campaigns, and projects, focusing on proactive species restoration efforts.
- Current program focus areas include prey/predator relationships and predator control as they relate to carnivore conservation and “Living with Wildlife” through development and promotion of human/wildlife coexistence projects and application of human/wildlife conflict management practices.
Current priority projects include:
- developing and coordinating a “Living with Wildlife’ program encompassing many of Defenders’ focal species;
- providing advice to field offices on practices addressing human/wildlife conflict;
- coordinating responses to predator control efforts across field offices and developing a strategy, using the best available science, for addressing predator control issues;
- coordinating human/wildlife coexistence efforts for a variety of species across field offices.
For more information see http://www.defenders.org/about_us/jobs/conservation_associate.php