Hello and welcome to the general information page for the SCA Corps Crew working within the Walla Walla Ranger District of the Umatilla National Forest. The district we'll be working in spans the eastern corners of the Washington - Oregon border. The beautiful Blue Mountains are a highlight of the forest, hosting a wide array of plants and animals. The forest's trail system is a valuable asset to the recreation community and receives use from hikers, bikers, skiers, ATV riders, hunters and more.
We'll be working to restore and maintain existing trails by:
- Widening trails in places of hillside erosion
- Trimming plant growth from the trail's corridor
- Clearing fallen trees blocking the trail
- Maintaining & improving drainage systems
- Constructing retaining walls
- Re-routing trail sections to meet modern specifications
We'd love for you to come out to the trail to say hello and see what we're working on. Or, even better, to lend a hand for a few hours on a project. Please get in touch with Project Leader, John Stegmaier , to make arrangements.
We'll be working in the general vicinity of Elgin and Tollgate, OR.
View Larger Map