Group post for 03-14-11 to 03-17-11
Well since you missed the Privet Party we'll be glad to describe what happened that week.
1) 3/14/2011 - an area of 0.7 acres of privet was treated with the tender love and care of the team's shovels*
* no shovels were hurt during this day
a) also, an area of 0.3 acres was treated using loppers and handsaws to cut stumps and herbicide sprayers to spray the cut stumps
2) 3/15/2011 - rainy weather came in and put a damper on the team. But before it really started to pour, the team removed privet and multiflora rose from the picnic area around their campsite
3) 3/16/2011 - 1/2 an acre was canvassed by the team and autumn olive was removed using the cut-stump method of treatment
a) roughly 100 short leaf pine were planted near a clearing at the park boundaries
b) The team also met with a historic cabin restoration team from the Great Smoky Mountains.
- The specialist spoke with the team for half an hour about the unique field of cabin restoration as they repaired the roof of the Scruggs House at COWP.
4) 3/17/2011 - roughly 250 short leaf pine were planted in another area of the park that can be viewed from state highway 110
The team worked hard and were happy for a long weekend. We thank you for taking the time to visit our webpage and hope to keep the updates coming at a more frequent pace,
Hip Hip Hooray