Rumbleway Farm is a 62 acre organic farm that is grass-based, owned and operated since 1992. We are seasonal and raise poultry (meat chickens, laying hens, turkeys, and ducks), goats, and cows. We have a commercial kitchen and a USDA processing facility. We have an on-farm store and sell direct to customers.
2010 Intern information
Our other Farm helpers: Our kids Missy and Mat, Joey on the weekends, Mark (owner)in the evenings and weekends, Robin (owner) full time at the farm
Room and Board: 30 ft. trailer- Full queen size bed, shower tube, full size refrigerator, 2 bunk beds, stove and microwave, Air condition and heat, toilet and water, electric, 2-3 Meals a day.
Compensation: $300 a month plus full room and board.
Attractions: 1.5 hours from Philadelphia and Baltimore, 2hr from the beach, other local and sustainable farms near by.
Work we do around the farm:
- Process chickens every Friday
- Work the family garden
- Feed the laying chickens, meat chicken and turkeys
- Take care of the baby chickens and AI (Artificially inseminate) turkeys
- Incubate eggs to hatch poults in the spring
- Mow grass and weed trim
- Farmers Market and deliveries
- Commercial Kitchen work- Can food and produce added value products, and Cook for a local food store
- Bale hay
- Operate the farm store
- Help with new ideas for the farm
- Help to maintain the compost pile
- Rotational grazing moving to mob grazing-Move cattle, waterers and minerals to new pasture
- Move meat chicken pens daily, and move the electric wire weekly.
- Help us get ready for farm day
- We will teach you things that we know and we can learn from your experience.
Please contact us at 410-658-9731 if interested :)
Robin and Mark Way
592 McCauley Road
Conowingo, MD 21918