Below is a recap of the work the COWP Team completed during the week of 2/21/2011 to 2/25/2011.
- over 2 acres of privet removed using shovels and overpowering strength. Oh and plenty of body mechanics
- privet was removed from an area with a healthy population of the threatened species: hexastylis naniflora
- privet removed from area around base camp where native cane has established
- Herbicide safety training (first use of new backpack sprayers, with water of course) and tool safety training
- stablization of two historic pecan trees near the Scruggs House
- 20 native cane plants transplanted near the battlefield to help reestablish cane breaks that were similar to those seen during the Battle of Cowpens over 200 years ago.
Please see the photos for more details and feel free to comment,
The team is looking forward to ATV training this week and to see if the tornado warnings pass through without incident!
Ya'll come back now