Greetings to everyone,
Below is a recap of the Corps Member Training the Native Plant Team working at Cowpens National Battlefield attended from February 8th to 16th.
Location: Oracle, AZ
Team Members arrived with the intention of learning as much as possible while also receiving the opportunity to interact with other Native Plant Corps and Corps-Trails Teams. What they got was 8 days of learning, fun, games, skills and developing life long friendships and partnerships.
1) WFA and CPR Training and Certification from AERIE Backcountry Medicine
2) Plant identification skills
3) GPS and Orienteering practice
4) Basecamp set up skills
5) SCA Driver Training
6) Work Skills (Body Mechanics, Tool Use-Maintenance)
7) Leave No Trace Awareness Workshop and LNT Training Course
8) And of course plenty of new games, friendships and team building
Now onto a long weekend before ATV Training next week,
Have a happy holiday weekend and Happy President's Day,