Deadline is March 1, 2011
This position will serve as the primary staff member for University of California Cooperative Extension (UCCE) Eurasian Mussel Education and Outreach Program. This project is a 1 year 2 months long program supported through extramural grants, based in Sacramento, CA, and lead by UCCE Natural Resources Advisor, Jodi Cassell. The goal of the project is to develop educational programs and materials about invasive Eurasian mussels for two specific audiences; small to medium size irrigation and water districts, and formal and informal educators. Major duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Research educational programming needs of small to medium size irrigation and water districts based on a survey and consultation and review of the scientific and technical literature.
- Work with, teachers and informal educators, to develop additional modules for curriculum focusing on invasive Eurasian mussels.
- Test curriculum modules in the classroom and with teachers.
- Take a leadership role in development and of project outreach materials and workshop curriculum.
- Organize logistics, locations, and staff major project outreach activities, such as workshops and project advisory committee meetings.
- Represent UCCE at local and statewide meetings to learn about scientific and management issues, and provide groups with information about the Eurasian mussel program.
- Develop and maintain project website.
For further information on the duties, requirements, and application procedures for this position, please see jobs.ucop.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=53997
For additional questions, please contact Jodi Cassell, 510/219-9125, or firstname.lastname@example.org