SEEKING TALENTED TRAIL WORK LEADERS
The Pacific Crest Trail Association, headquartered in Sacramento, California is dedicated to protecting, preserving and promoting the Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail. The following staff position is currently open:
Trail Crew Technical Advisor(At least four positions to be filled)
Lead the nation’s premier volunteer-based trail crew programs on the spectacular Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail. This is a great career-building opportunity for rising professionals.
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
• Work with youth and volunteer trail crews to teach excellent trail work
• Oversee projects on the ground along the Pacific Crest Trail
• Spend time outdoors and on the trail
The Trail Crew Technical Advisor is a full-time seasonal staff position working on trail projects in California, Oregon, and Washington for the 2011 work season. Compensation is $640 weekly. Dependable personal transportation is required and mileage is reimbursed.
We are seeking applicants with:
• Minimum of two years of relevant professional experience or five years of substantial volunteer experience
• Experience in training, managing, and leading trail crews
• Backcountry living and Leave No Trace skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• The ability and willingness to travel on the PCT in remote, backcountry locations, often requiring several days of backcountry travel and living
• Trail design, construction, and maintenance skills
• Proven experience in working with volunteers
• The ability to perform physical trail work with partners
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team player
• Good interpersonal and relationship-building skills
Please e-mail resume, list of 3 references, letter of interest detailing applicable qualifications, and salary history to Mike Dawson at email@example.com  with the subject Technical Advisor. We will be hiring at least four positions so this posting will remain open until all positions are filled. Additional information on this position and Pacific Crest Trail Association are online at www.pcta.org . For questions, contact Mike at (206) 463-9087.