About LCV: LCV is the independent political voice of the environment and the only organization devoted full-time to advocating for sound environmental policies and electing pro-environmental candidates who will adopt and implement such policies.
LCV Development Internship: The Development intern will support the entire development department, including grassroots fundraising, major gifts, special events and foundation relations.
Development Intern Responsibilities:
· Produce donor acknowledgements
· Conduct research on current and prospective donors
· Produce information packets for major donors
· File donor correspondence, copies of acknowledgment letters and donation materials
· Make updates to donor database as requested
· Manage returned mail; research new addresses and phone numbers for donors
· Mail and file returned FEC Best Efforts letters
· Process invoices and check requests
· Maintain inventory of letterhead and other materials
· Assist with high donor mailings including printing, assembling and mailing packages
· Assist with membership communications including responding to phone calls and requests for information
· Assist with special event activities
· Other duties as assigned.
· Education: High school diploma required. Current college students or recent graduates preferred.
· Skills: Good written and oral communications skills; strong skills in word processing and spreadsheets
· Capabilities: Solid judgment; critical thinking skills; attentive to detail; a sense of teamwork; ability to handle multiple tasks; highly organized; good sense of humor a plus
Hours and Compensation: Must be available a minimum of 10 hours per week. This is an unpaid internship. LCV will work with colleges and universities to offer students the ability to earn college credit while working as an intern. Check with your school to see if you are eligible.
Location: Washington, DC
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter including available start date and weekly hours to interns@LCV.org . In subject line, please reference: Development Intern