Work passionately on behalf of the finest hiking and equestrian trail in the Western United States. Work for the Pacific Crest Trail Association!
The Pacific Crest Trail Association, headquartered in Sacramento, California is dedicated to protecting, preserving and promoting the Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail. The following staff position is currently open:
Associate Regional Representative
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
• Enhance trail programs
• Work with a wide variety of agency partners and volunteer organizations to protect and improve the Pacific Crest Trail experience for generations to come
• Facilitate and support the growth and effectiveness of volunteer trail workers and leaders throughout the region
• Spend time outdoors and on the trail
The Associate Regional Representative is a key full-time staff position working on trail projects in California, Oregon, and Washington. This particular position opening is based in the Southern California PCTA regional Office for part of the year and will require between four and five months of work on detail in one or more of PCTA’s more northerly regions during the spring, summer and early fall. Annual Salary is $33,280. Benefits include health insurance, a
contribution to a 401k plan, 11 paid holidays, paid vacation and paid sick leave. This position is currently funded through a one-year American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) grant and work is expected to begin in early January 2011.
We are seeking applicants with:
• A bachelor’s degree in natural resources, recreation, planning or related field
• Minimum two years relevant work experience
• Trail design, construction and maintenance skills
• Proven experience in working with and as a volunteer
• Experience with public land managing agencies and volunteer organizations
• Strong organization, writing and speaking skills
• Self-motivated professional performance
• Knowledge and experience of the PCT and/or the national trails system
• Ability to work cooperatively with a wide variety of partners
Submit application by November 30th. Please e-mail resume, list of 3 references, letter of interest detailing applicable qualifications, and salary history to Mike Dawson at email@example.com  with the subject Associate Regional Representative. Additional information on this position and Pacific Crest Trail Association at www.pcta.org . For
questions, contact Mike at (206) 463-9087.
ATC is currenting searching for a Graphic/Web Designer to work in their Harpers Ferry, WV location. For more information or to apply visit: http://tinyurl.com/2bpe8wh