POSITION: Associate Director, San Francisco, CA
Seeking a person with a strong background in the development and management of outdoor programs, outreach and marketing, risk management, and a passion for accessible outdoor adventure and environmental education programming.
Environmental Traveling Companions (ETC) is a nonprofit, 501c3 volunteer-based organization providing accessible outdoor adventures and environmental education programs for people with disabilities and youth from disadvantaged backgrounds. ETC’s sea kayaking, whitewater rafting, cross country skiing and youth LEAD programs annually enable over 2,100 people with special needs to enjoy the beauty and challenge of outdoor adventures and the opportunity to learn about our natural world and become better stewards of the Earth.
The Associate Director reports directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for the following:
• Marketing and outreach to client groups and individuals for program and fundraising trips.
• Strategic planning and evaluation for core programs.
• Coordinating risk management, program insurance, and safety policies.
• Managing ETC’s volunteer policies and outreach.
• Assisting with administrative management, hiring and HR policies.
• Overseeing further development of the organizational website and
• Management of annual fundraiser: Regatta and Paddle-a-thon.
• At least 3+ years of successful leadership experience in outdoor program, volunteer, and risk management.
• Marketing and public relations experience.
• Website management.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Should be highly organized, self-motivated, flexible and possess excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
• Enthusiasm for outdoor adventure and environmental education programming is essential.
• Knowledge and experience in working with special populations.
Salary Range: Dependent upon experience. Full-time position with excellent benefits
Email resume, references and cover letter to: Diane Poslosky, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org 
CC: "Allison Nygaard" email@example.com ,
Subject: Associate Director Search