Legal Assistant Internship Job Description
Founded by former Vice President Al Gore, the Alliance for Climate Protection is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization formed for the charitable and educational purpose of educating the public about the causes and solutions to climate change, in the United States and throughout the world.
The Alliance is looking for an intern to join its legal department in support of its national campaign to educate the public about implementing bold clean energy and climate policies. You’ll be a key member of our legal team, helping with various special projects and administrative tasks that are critical to the smooth operation of the Alliance and its programs.
· Provide administrative office support to the legal team, including filing and organization, and creating and maintaining files, business records, and databases
· Research for educational slideshow presentations on the climate crisis and how to solve it
· Special projects as they arise
· Attention to detail and experience working with large Excel spreadsheets or databases
· Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
· Creative problem solving and experience working on a team
· Familiarity with using both PCs and Macs
· Prior work in nonprofit advocacy, the climate movement, and/or political campaigns
· Interest in pursuing a legal education and/or career in a related field
Send a resume, cover e-mail/letter, and dates of availability to email@example.com . Please use the subject line “Legal Assistant Internship Application.” Applications are due by Friday, October 8, 2010.
Interns will work in our Washington, DC, headquarters, located a short walk from the Chinatown and Metro Center metro stations. This is an unpaid position and there are no stipends, housing support or any other benefits provided. Interns should be able to commit at least 15 hours a week to the position during the fall semester.
· Internships are open to all undergraduate and graduate students who have completed two or more years of college.
· Eligibility extends through the two years following graduation.
· The Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other category prohibited by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities, and termination.