Interested in gaining work experience in the non-profit sector? If your passion and interest match ours, the Society for Ecological Restoration wants to know you.
We represent a worldwide community of ecological restoration scientists and practitioners. Our mission is to promote ecological restoration as a means of sustaining the diversity of life on Earth and re-establishing an ecologically healthy relationship between nature and culture. For more information about SER please visit http://www.ser.org .
Successful candidates must:
- have a pre-existing interest in non-profit organizations and in fundraising
- strong commitment to conserve and restore nature
- be self-starter and comfortable performing multiple tasks
- be eager to learn
- good writing skills a plus
- excellent computer skills (excel, MS word, Power Point)
- able to allocate 15-25 h/week
Typical daily tasks include:
- foundation and corporation research
- drafting letters
- office administrative support
Send resumes to Marion Smith, Director of Development at marion(at)ser.org