SCA Interns work in over 50 disciplines, assisting an array of agencies and organizations. Our interns are undergraduates or graduate students seeking practical career experience, and adult professionals exploring alternate career options.
Short Term (Resource Assistant)
- Serve from 12 to 16 weeks
- Receive base weekly living subsistence of $75
Long Term (Conservation Associate)
- Serve from 17 to 52 weeks
- Receive base weekly living subsistence of $160
Short and Long-Term Interns Both Receive
- Round-trip travel and living allowance (direct payment/reimbursement to Intern)
- AmeriCorps Education Award (as available) at no administrative or actual cost to you
- Liability and 24-hour accident insurance coverage (longer term Interns are also offered full health insurance)
- Agency provides housing (or SCA bills agency for Intern’s accommodation)
- Agency provides on-the-job transportation
- Agency provides project guidance
- Agency provides training appropriate to the position
How it Works
- Agency creates request via SCA online system.
- Position is posted online for applicants to see.
- SCA screens interested applicants, sends qualified applicants to Agency partner.
- Agency interviews applicants, makes selection, notifies SCA.
- SCA works with intern and agency to finalize the details.
- SCA uses selected.thesca.org to interface with selected interns
For further details, please contact SCA at 603-543-1700 and ask to speak with the Partnership Development Team or email: email@example.com