Oregon | Washington
The Northwest is the birthplace of SCA and since our first volunteers arrived at Grand Teton and Olympic National Parks in 1957, the region has remained one of SCA’s most vibrant and vital.
Our SCA Seattle program provides hundreds of under-served city youth with connections to nature and pathways to careers. And the nearby parks and forests – Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie, Olympic, Mount Rainier, North Cascades – all boast substantial numbers of SCA alumni on their staffs, a testament to the caliber of our members and the commitment of our area partners.
- Download the application for the 2016-2017 Conservation Leadership Corps
- Download the ﬂyer or head over to this webpage to learn more about the Conservation Leadership Corps
- Connect with the SCA Seattle Northwest Facebook Page
2016 Youth Outcomes:
- Coming soon
- SCA Seattle Community Program
- SCA Northwest National Crews
- SCA Individual Internships
- SCA Corps Teams
- SCA Canada-US International Crew
- City of Edmonds
- Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest
- Mount Rainier National Park
- North Cascades National Park
- Ochoco National Forest
- Olympic National Forest
- Olympic National Park
- Seattle Parks and Recreation
- Bullitt Foundation
- Hazel Miller Foundation
- Islands Fund
- Martin-Fabert Foundation
- Norcliffe Foundation
- Skagit Environmental Endowment Commission
- WYCO Fund
News, Stories & Projects
Infusions of grant money and youthful energy are once again helping Mount Rainier National Park shape up this summer.
A grant from the National Park Foundation is helping pay for three teams of teenagers recruited by the Student Conservation Association’s Base to Base Camp program from Seattle and Joint Base Lewis-McCord (JBLM). Each team, consisting of eight high school students and two crew leaders, will spend 15 days working on trail maintenance projects throughout the park.
(Seattle, Washington) October 29, 2014 – The Student Conservation Association (SCA) has received $80,000 in NOAA Community-based Marine Debris Removal funds from the National Marine Fisheries Service, a unit of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.Read more