Program Manger: Lori Gaido Project Dates: Feb 2010 - Dec 2010 Email Address: email@example.com
(http://www.city.pittsburgh.pa.us/) The Office of Sustainability and Energy Efficiency is a part of the Mayor’s Office. Created in October 2008, the office is staffed by the City’s Sustainability Coordinator and Energy and Utilities Manager. Although its role is always evolving, the Office of Sustainability and Energy Efficiency has three main areas of focus: 1) implementing new sustainability initiatives to green the City’s operations and facilities, including implementing the recommendations of the Pittsburgh Climate Action Plan; 2) collaborating with existing City environmental programs, such as tree-planting and recycling, to strengthen these programs; and 3) servings as the Mayor’s main point of contact for environmentally-related questions, concerns, and suggestions from community members, organizations, businesses, and institutions of higher education.
The City of Pittsburgh is partnering with the SCA to take on a Sustainable City Fellow.
The Sustainable City Fellow is responsible for assisting with:
- The streetlight retrofit project
- The solar hot water system installations project
- The energy audit and retrofits of a designated building
- The improvement recycling in City buildings
- Tree plantings and maintenance, managed by the Urban Forester
- Deconstruction and recycling of demolition waste, managed by the Bureau of Building Inspection
- Sustainable transportation programs, managed by the Bike and Pedestrian Coordinator
- Scheduling meetings
- Fielding phone calls and emails from citizens
- Other duties as assigned