Program Manger: Lori Gaido Project Dates: Feb 2010 - Dec 2010 Email Address: email@example.com
The Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy (http://www.pittsburghparks.org/) was founded in December 1996 by a group of citizens concerned with the deteriorating conditions of Pittsburgh's parks. In 1998, the Parks Conservancy signed an official public-private partnership agreement with the City of Pittsburgh to work together for the restoration of the city's four regional parks - Frick, Highland, Riverview, and Schenley. Since then, the Parks Conservancy has raised $40 million toward park improvements, and has recently expanded into other city parks as time and resources permit. We continue to work on improving quality of life for the people of Pittsburgh by restoring the park system to excellence in partnership with the City.
The PPC is partnering with the SCA to take on a Sustainable Community Fellow.
The Sustainable Community Fellow with be responsible for:
- Environmental education for elementary, middle, and high school students that connects hands-on
parks restoration projects with regional and global environmental issues
- Program coordination, including trainings, field support, and data management, for the volunteer
Urban EcoStewards program for adults
- Volunteer coordination for a variety of ecological restoration projects
- Design and implementation of outdoor learning areas in Frick Park
- Job tasks will also include providing direct services to people from diverse backgrounds and ages,
project planning, volunteer coordination, partnership coordination, and budget management