EnvironMentors seeks a National Program Coordinator to support the program's expansion as a national university-based college access program.
EnvironMentors is an environmental science mentoring program geared to preparing high school students from underrepresented backgrounds for college degree programs and careers in environmental and related science fields.
Initiated in 1992 as a community based organization serving DC public high school students, EnvironMentors is now an initiative of the National Council for Science and the Environment and undergoing an ambitious scale up as a national college access program with chapters located at universities across the country.
The National Program Coordinator will support all aspects of EnvironMentors national expansion. This will include
- Development training
- Communications tools to support chapter directors, coordinators, and partner high school teachers
- Assisting with ongoing fundraising efforts for the program
- Strong commitment to underrepresented youth
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Strong organizational, coordinating, and leadership skills
- Ability to work well independently.
Anticipated start date is October 1, 2010, with the ability to commit to the 2010-2011 academic year and beyond.
This position will be a full time, paid position.
Please send in a current resume, references, and a writing sample to Akosua Dosu at adosu(at)ncseonline.org.