National Wildlife Federation
Position: Online Advocacy Coordinator
Location: Washington, DC
Start Date: Immediately
Salary: Based on experience
Hour: Full time; 40hrs/week
To Apply: www.nwf.org/careergateway
This position is primarily responsible for production and management of the online tools and tactics used to recruit new activists, cultivate current activists and run large-scale advocacy campaigns.
It is essential that the Online Advocacy Coordinator have the knowledge and technical skills for producing high quality content for the web. This includes proficiency in HTML and CSS; basic skills for image formatting, graphic design and online audio/-video production; and familiarity with best practices for publishing engaging web content.
In addition to producing online content, this position is also responsible for managing the tools and systems used to collect and analyze the data necessary to evaluate and deploy online constituent engagement campaigns.
This requires a basic familiarity with web, email, and social media analytics tools; as well as a basic familiarity with aggregating and managing constituent data.
- Producing high quality and engaging web content for websites, emails, action alerts, blogs and social media to support NWF's grassroots advocacy campaigns.
- Managing the tools and systems used to run effective and efficient large-scale online grassroots campaigns (e.g. web and email content management systems, constituent resource management systems and social media profiles).
- Managing data, and web, email and social media analytics tools
- Providing support and training for the organization's online advocacy and outreach staff.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Proficient knowledge of web design languages (e.g. HTML, CSS, etc.)
- Basic image formatting, graphic design and audio/-video production skills
- Demonstrated experience with tools and systems used to manage, organize and aggregate data
- Awareness of best practices for creating engaging web content.
- Creative, self-starter who is able find innovative uses of technology and can think of how to implement engagement strategies.
- Good at multi-tasking and meeting deadlines.
- Highly detail orientated.
- Able to work independently and as a part of a cross departmental team
- Experience with grassroots organizing, and demonstrated interest in advocacy and conservation a strong plus!
Apply today for the experience of a lifetime!