Field and Communications Manager, 1Sky
1Sky is a collaborative national campaign pushing for bold federal action to tackle climate change and invest in building the clean energy economy of the future. 1Sky is pushing for policies that will create millions of jobs and ensure lasting prosperity by building a clean energy economy, dramatically reduce global warming pollution, and move beyond dirty energy of the past. As one of the largest national efforts dedicated to affecting federal climate and clean energy policies, 1Sky combines the force of a team of 36 including organizers in 19 states, 600 allied organizations, and over 200,000 climate advocates throughout all 50 states.
This is a critical time to create the political pressure in the U.S. to pass legislation to address the most important issue of our generation. 1Sky is seeking a smart, motivated, and experienced Field and Communications Manager to manage the work of our field team by leading our national organizing effort as well as our communications and media outreach. The Field and Communications Manager works closely with and reports to the Deputy Campaign Director, has primary responsibility for managing three staff members and works collaboratively within the senior team.
- Manage the campaign’s day-to-day field operation under the overall planning and direction of the Deputy Campaign Director.
- Manage three talented headquarters organizers who are coordinating the work of 22 organizers and regional coordinators in 19 states, over 600 allies, and over 3,000 volunteer leaders.
- Lead the field team in developing plans for and executing field and outreach actions that recruit and mobilize grassroots and allied actions across the states and on the Hill.
- Strategize and oversee the team management of the volunteer development program.
- Lead the field team in building and enhancing the participation levels of a diverse coalition of targeted stakeholders to advance 1Sky’s campaign objectives.
- As a team member, participate in all field activities including reaching out to volunteers, conferences, meeting with allies, writing materials, running trainings.
- Working with communications staff, oversee and strategize communications products, including press releases, factsheets, talking points, op-ed and LTEs, website and social networking site content, blog, and other internal and external communications materials.
- Working with communications staff, oversee and strategize media relations and generate earned media while serving as a spokesperson.
- Provide communications guidance and training for staff and 1Sky member activists.
- As a team member, participate directly in all levels of work including pitch calls and press releases.
*Requirements and Qualifications*
- Four to seven years of experience in issue and/or legislative campaign field and communications experience.
- Experience managing in a team-oriented environment, participating in all facets of the work and providing mentorship for staff.
- Experience strategizing and managing volunteer and/or leadership development programs.
- Strong understanding of the federal legislative process and/or the climate and clean energy issues will be helpful but not required.
- Excellent writing skills for diverse audiences, including the press, the public, and the Hill. You can translate complex, even wonky, language into plain English that can be understood by anyone.
- Outcome-focused, can deliver on tight deadlines, and have strong attention to detail. You take directions well and follow through on commitments.
- Flexible schedule for occasional evenings and weekends with occasional travel required.
- Minimum expected of one year commitment.
*START DATE:* Immediately
*SALARY:* Salary, commensurate with experience. An excellent benefits package is offered.
*SUBMISSIONS: *Cover letter, resume, writing sample (2 pages maximum) and contact information for three (3) references from your most recent employment and/or education*.*
*APPLICATION DEADLINE: *Rolling, apply as soon as possible.
*PLEASE SEND APPLICATIONS TO: *email@example.com, putting *Job Application: **Field and Communications Manager* in the subject line.
*NOTE: We are only accepting applications by email. Because of the volume of applicants we anticipate, we cannot respond individually to each application. We will directly contact those applicants that are of interest to the Search Team.*
*1Sky is an equal opportunity employer. We carefully consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.*