Mailing Address: 19777 Greenley rd Sonora CA, 95312 Project Leader Contact: P. 951.255.8732 email@example.com
For the first few days our group was together we spent it in learning about what a community is, how we all play a part in the community we form and how to deal with conflict within it. We also had training seminars including sexual harassment and Drive Safe Drive Smart. We went through the SCA handbook and learned the Emergency Response Plan and where it is kept around our camp. The two members of our crew old enough to drive learned how to drive reverse and park the truck with a trailer attached. Because of the nature of our project we spent a day becoming Certified Renovators and learned how to safely work with lead paint.
We started work on the cabin on the fence, repairing or replacing 120 feet. This included digging new post holes, sawing and chiseling notches to create rests for cross pieces, cutting posts to be the correct height and assembling the final product. With the help of a work crew from the National Forest we emptied the cabin of all the old furniture and junk, removed barbed wire from around the perimeter, and cleared pathways. We removed old scrap wood and fallen trees from around the property. We repainted the Plummer Ridge sign. We removed an old stump and took out a deck that was falling apart. We also removed an old antenna that was attached to the back of the cabin. We took measurements and inventory of all the repairs that needed to be done on the outside of the cabin.
Within the cabin there was a lot to do! We began by spraying down the cabin with bleach and water to prevent anyone from getting hanta. Then we wiped down all the walls, ceilings, doors and cabinets, taped of areas not to be painted, then painted them with primer. After the primer dried we came back through and painted with a lovely eggshell color. We also painted the trim of the windows in olive green, classic!
Our next step was the flooring. We tore up the old linoleum flooring and painstakingly scraped off all the glue and paper residue that was stuck to the original flooring. We patched up holes in the floor and put down a moisture barrier. Our next step is to install the wood flooring.