Arlingtonians for a Clean Environment is seeking a Program Manager to begin in summer 2010.
The position will require 20 to 25 hours per week. To apply, email a resume and cover letter to Elenor Hodges at office(at)arlingtonenvironment.org.
Program Manager Responsibilities:
The exact mix of job responsibilities will be developed based on the individual's interests and skills and may include:
* Recruiting and coordinating volunteers.
* Organizing and implementing volunteer projects on weekends.
* Coordinating exhibits at community festivals.
* Writing and distributing press releases and other publicity materials.
* Organizing and delivering classroom presentations about watersheds, habitat, and recycling.
* Preparing ACE policy positions on local issues.
* Editing quarterly newsletter.
* Develop content and maintain web site.
* Managing database to track program participants, donors, and newsletter mailing list.
* Assistance with accounting and reporting to funders.
* Managing office including supervising administrative volunteers.
* Strong organizational abilities.
* Excellent computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office suite.
* Ability to conduct multiple tasks.
* Availability for core office hours during weekdays (minimum 15 hours a week) plus some weekends and evenings.
* Interest and/or experience with community nonprofits.
* Spanish language proficiency.
* Background or interest in environmental issues.
* College degree preferred.
* Familiarity with Dreamweaver, Microsoft Access, and HTML.