The Animal Welfare Institute (AWI) is seeking an energetic person to manage its website and online communications.
The candidate should possess expert proficiency in website applications, content management software and communication skills. Adept at problem-solving and multi-tasking in a busy environment, the successful candidate must demonstrate a service-oriented and team approach in the support of AWI's goals.
- Managing AWI's website on day to day basis.
- Maximizing website capabilities and increasing online activists
- Developing and posting web content under the direction of the Executive Director and relevant staff on technical content
- Generating and modifying graphic images for placement on the web site.
- Preparing and sending email alerts to AWI membership.
- Preparing and issuing press releases and, along with staff, work with media to promote the goals of AWI.
- Creating, managing, and posting content for social networking sites.
- 2+ years experience in web design and development. Entry-level candidate with exceptional skills and enthusiasm will be considered.
- Fundamental knowledge of networking, DNS, and SMTP.
- Excellent PC skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated interest in animal welfare.
Reply to this announcement by email to jobs(at)awionline.org or by mail to Animal Welfare Institute, Attn: Chris Heyde, 900 Pennsylvania Ave., SE, Washington, DC 20003; Fax (202) 337-2131.
*Applications that do not include all of the requirements listed below will not be considered.*
- Cover letter
- Resume (including references and salary history/requirements)
- Two-paragraph writing sample on an animal-related topic of your choice
AWI offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, located near Eastern Market Metro.
View our website at http://www.awionline.org/.