Online Community Organizer for Netcentric Campaigns
Netcentric Campaigns is a division of Green Media Toolshed, specializing in implementation of online networking strategies for advocacy. Netcentric Campaigns provides training in online networking strategy, network assessments and scanning of online activity, consultation on online campaigns, and customized online networking tools and services. Current clients include the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and Voices for America's Children.
The Online Community Organizer will develop strategies and projects to build a strong online community across a national network of organizations working to prevent childhood obesity. The Online Community Organizer is responsible for facilitating the development of emerging online projects supporting the community and providing instructional technology support through online coaching and training.
The ideal candidate is experienced in internet strategy, online organizing, and online political or advocacy campaigns. She or he will excel at developing organizing strategies and empowering community leaders, be capable of translating user needs into functional specifications for online applications, and be responsible for meeting project goals and deadlines.
The Online Community Organizer will be organized and will thrive in the fast-paced tempo of an online campaign. He or she will successfully balance the management of internal staff, clients, and vendors and will be enthusiastic, diplomatic, determined and quick witted. The Online Community Organizer will also adapt well to a small but growing team and will bring along a blend of curiosity and professional courtesy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Project and staff management
- Manage an Online Networking Team of 1-4 staff members.
- Participate in senior management meetings and contribute to
- Select and manage software development and other vendors.
- Be responsible for client management and satisfaction.
Build and maintain relationships within online community
- Meet with community leaders to assess their needs.
- Assure community interests are met in the software design process.
- Create a value message to encourage partners to share data through community dashboard.
- Use online tools to facilitate content sharing and online trainings.
- Monitor and track the spread and adaptation of campaign initiatives.
- Stay up to date on the latest social media tools, applications and features.
- Promote use of online tools and services to the community, including converting stragglers to active community participants.
- Organize and manage Ad-Hoc Project teams.
- Promote and distribute campaign messages, resources, and initiatives through campaign-specific online channels.
- Contribute content and personality to create a dynamic and engaging campaign web presence.
Lead networks technology initiatives
- Act as a hub for sharing best practices and ideas across the network.
- Serve as an active thought leader and advocate for the effective integration of technology across the network.
- Use blogs, webinars, e-mail communications, phone interactions,
social networks, and presentations to facilitate conversations across the network.
- Develop high-touch customer experience process to ensure community members receive a superior level of support.
Contribute to organizational growth and development
- Assist in improving and maintaining Green Media Toolsheds membership and licensing programs, including generating ideas about online strategy as well as new products and services.
- Add content to organization blogs, e-newsletters, and webinar
- Provide coaching to fellow staff members to improve organizational knowledge about online tools and strategy.
- Masters degree (or equivalent) in Internet Technology, Science,
Business or another related field.
- At least 15 years of senior management experience in internet
strategy, online networks, online organizing, and/or online political or advocacy campaigns.
- Superior listening and communications skills with a track record of effective interaction with teammates and clients.
- Experience in managing a staff of at least 5-10 people.
- Proven success in managing a project or organization budget in the $3-$5 million range.
- Demonstrated success in coordinating campaigns or complex projects, involving many stakeholders, and completing deliverables on time.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to
balance large amounts of inbound correspondence without making community members feel left out.
- Have an existing extensive professional network of experts in the field of online advocacy and political organizing.
- Ability to actively cultivate new professional connections.
- Knowledge of or experience working on issues related to tax, health, environment, community justice, or other issues related to childhood obesity.
- Ability to build trust and influence partners and key stakeholders in order to achieve project goals.
- Excellent relationship-building, consulting and client management skills.
Very competitive, depending on qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits package.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume, a cover letter, one writing sample (such as a blog post, e-newsletter, or short proposal) and at least 3 professional references to ocoresumes(at)greenmediatoolshed.org
. Green Media Toolshed is an equal opportunity employer.