Kearns & West's Washington DC Office is seeking multiple positions for immediate hire. Kearns & West is a strategic collaboration and communications firm with offices in Sacramento, CA, San Francisco, CA, Portland, OR and Washington DC.
1. Project Coordinator
- The Project Coordinator will serve as part of a team and assist with management of collaborative and public involvement processes involving stakeholders from state and federal agencies, tribes, environmental organizations, industry, and local interests.
- Job duties include meeting coordination and logistics, meeting attendance and note taking, database management, client and stakeholder relations, administrative duties, and more. This position requires initiative, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment. Applicant must demonstrate strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Successful candidate will have a bachelor's degree and a background/interest in natural resource management, renewable energy/transmission, environmental/public policy issues, public involvement, collaboration and mediation. One - two years of experience is preferred. We are looking for a self-starter who can work well independently and as part of a team. Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously is a must. Some travel is required.
2. Sr. Associate/Facilitator
- The Senior Associate/Facilitator will serve as part of a team and will assist with managing and facilitating collaborative processes involving stakeholders from state and federal natural resource and regulatory agencies, tribes, environmental organizations, industry, and local interests. The individual will assist with client relations and development of status reports to clients, will conduct short- and long-term strategic planning to anticipate client issues and address them via current or potential new programs, and will provide status reports to the project lead or principal on progress towards client goals. The individual will also support the firm’s business development for these types of projects.
Criteria for Successful Candidate
- Demonstrated subject matter knowledge in areas related to projects (collaborative processes, renewable energy, water, natural resources, etc.)
- Demonstrated communications skills including clear, effective writing/editing and speaking capabilities
- Experience developing and executing client programs according to project scope; implementing project work as appropriate (facilitating, training, materials development, reporting, strategy memos, etc.)
- Experience in researching, developing, and writing new idea proposals including project budgets.
- Experience supporting business development, including indentifying, setting up and participating in business development meetings and presentations.
About Kearns & West:
- Kearns & West, established in 1984, is a strategic collaboration and communications firm specializing in water, energy, natural resources, and environmental mediation, collaboration and public involvement, and communications.
- Subject matter experts in a number of areas including energy/renewable energy, water, marine resources, and other natural resources/land management areas.
- Collaborative process experts with demonstrated results in large, multi-party, multi-year decision making and dispute resolution including national policy negotiations, rulemakings, and on-the-ground negotiations.
- Experienced professionals with a team of more than 30 mediators/facilitators, public involvement and communications specialists with backgrounds in government, engineering, communications and environmental sciences.
- Collegial, energetic, team-spirited culture – supporting mediators/facilitators with teams experienced in meeting management, process management and consensus management.
- Superior support systems: process management, marketing, billing, training, HR and benefits managements.
- Excellent benefits: profit-sharing, 401K, bonuses, health, dental, short- and long-term disability insurance, vacation, and more.
Please e-mail resume & cover letter to personneldc(at)kearnswest.com
No faxes or phone calls please. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.