For more information: http://scwc.org/aboutscwc_volunteers_interns.html
Internship positions avaliable at Second Chance Wildlife Center in Gaithersburg, MD. Housing for out of area interns is very limited.
Want to spend your days feeding numerous species of baby birds and mammals?
Then apply for an internship at Second Chance Wildlife Center, where you will learn how to:
• examine a wide variety of native Maryland wildlife for health problems
• determine and administer proper medications and bandages
• feed various species at all ages
• assist our veterinarians during surgical procedures
Put your biology classes to good use while you learn:
• the basic anatomy of amphibians, birds, mammals, and reptiles
• to diagnose health problems from under the microscope
• the physiology of animal behavior
Our facility is open to the public from 9am to 5pm every day of the year. During the year our animal care hours are from 8am to 9pm, divided into two shifts, 8am to 4pm and 1pm to 9pm. We will do our best to work with you to design a summer schedule that best fits you and allows you to work both evening and morning shifts during your internship.
Our internships are ten weeks long, although you are welcome to extend it further. Summer internships generally start in May and June, depending on when spring semesters are over.
For more info email firstname.lastname@example.org