National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition
Director of Development Position Announcement
The National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition (NSAC) is an alliance of grassroots organizations that advocates for federal policy reform to advance the sustainability of agriculture, food systems, natural resources, and rural communities. NSAC is currently seeking a Director of Development. The Director of Development, working with the Executive Director and other staff members, will raise NSAC’s annual budget from a variety of sources to enable staff to advance the coalition’s federal policy priorities.
· Develop and execute an annual fundraising plan that includes support from foundations, major donors, corporations, and individuals
· Communicate with and cultivate foundation staff as well as corporate and individual donors, including major donors
· Write grant proposals, reports, thank you letters, and other solicitation materials, including NSAC’s annual report
· Work with book-keeping staff at NSAC’s fiscal sponsor to manage the organization’s finances, including proper expense coding and tracking grant balances
· Work with the finance committee and Executive Director to create the annual budget
· Prepare regular financial reports
· Devise and implement on-line donation strategy to increase giving from individuals
· Solicit and track annual membership dues from member organizations
· An understanding and passion for sustainable agriculture, including family farm livelihood and opportunity, farm conservation and environmental protection, rural development, and marketing and food systems issues
· A commitment to building the capacity of NSAC member organizations
· Bachelor’s degree or higher with significant class or degree work in relevant field
· Minimum 5 years fundraising experience
· Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
· Experience with Salsa, or similar database management experience
Compensation and Benefits
Salary will be based on nonprofit scale and be commensurate with experience and qualifications. NSAC offers an excellent employer-paid benefits package and a lively and collaborative work environment.
Please send cover letter, resume, writing sample, salary history, and the names of three references to Susan Prolman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NSAC is an equal opportunity employer. We actively encourage people of color to apply for this position and all positions at NSAC.