Online Marketing and Social Media Strategist
Oceana is the world’s largest international organization dedicated to restoring and protecting the world’s oceans.
Join a dedicated team of designers, writers, and communications managers who work with policy advocates and scientists to bring Oceana’s advocacy and fundraising efforts online. We are data focused and are constantly aiming to improve our response rates, with the main goal of influencing policy for the future of our oceans.
-Work closely with M+R Strategic Services, a consulting firm that specializes in online marking for non-profits, to
- Manage Facebook and Twitter communities to spread advocacy and fundraising messages, in addition to brand awareness and general ocean conservation.
- Act as project manager for annual short term projects, such as Ocean Hero Awards, Holiday Adoption Store, etc.
- Work with online editor to boost traffic and conversions through email and social media promotion.
- Work with corporate partnerships manager to utilize online marketing, particularly social media, to attract new corporate and celebrity partners and maintain happy relationships with current ones.
- Work with grassroots organizers to support regional offline activities through online promotion.
- Research new tools and theories in the world of online communications.
- Act as main point of contact for our supporters on questions relating to advocacy, campaign work, and how to get involved.
- Act as main point of contact for several internal audiences (campaign, policy, development, accounting, legal) for questions regarding our supporters.
- 2-3 years experience in online marketing, preferably in the non-profit, environmental world
- 2-3 years experience using a CRM to message supporters, preferably Action Kit.
- Excellent writing skills, particularly experience writing for an online advocacy audience.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and SQL.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel for stats analysis.
- Interest in and passion for ocean conservation a plus.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and short non-academic writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to Online Marketing and Social Media Strategist Position, Attn: HR, Oceana, 1350 Connecticut Avenue NW, 5th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20036, USA. (E-mail preferred). EOE