, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is hiring a program manager to support its efforts to promote women as impassioned leaders and agents of change dedicated to the stewardship of the earth.
The program manager will help advance the Network's mission in the areas of membership development, communications, and educational programs.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Communications / Marketing (30%)
- Serve as the organization's primary marketing manager
responsible for overall branding and image design, including print and electronic communications.
- Produce membership newsletters, including drafting content,
editing articles, designing layout, making final editorial decisions, and coordinating printing and distribution.
- Compile and disseminate member communications including a weekly
listserv, monthly e-newsletter, and bimonthly events listing to keep members connected and informed of environmental, political, and philanthropic news.
- Coordinate Network website including producing, editing, and
maintaining visual and written content. With a technical consultant, keep information up-to-date for membership and public use.
- Educational, Leadership, & Outreach Programs / Event Planning (30%)
- Produce and manage annual calendar of educational and networking
- Plan and coordinate aspects of two annual membership meetings to
include inviting and scheduling speakers and panelists, managing catering contracts, designing and disseminating invitations, handling RSVPs, and producing and compiling all meeting and printed materials.
- Manage board placement program, which places RN members on
boards of local, regional, and national organizations.
- Plan and coordinate Speaker Series and regional networking
events held throughout the year in various cities. Secure guest speakers and venues, and manage all event logistics. Disseminate invitations, handle RSVPs, and coordinate follow-up.
- Produce all acknowledgements/gifts to speakers and members, and
generate correspondence related to various events.
- Support RN president with outreach programs and special
- Membership Development & Cultivation (30%)
- Work closely with RN president on all membership-related
activities for recruitment of prospective members, orientation of new members, and cultivation and retention of current members.
- Track potential members throughout the process, including
researching referrals, distributing materials, and managing solicitation schedule and follow-up.
- Manage all new member orientation and cultivation.
- Track member activities for publication in newsletters and
facilitation of the board placement program.
- Manage database of members and prospects. Maintain accurate
membership contact information, produce mailing materials and letters, and design accompanying documents.
- Handle special correspondence related to cultivation of members
(birthdays, anniversaries, etc).
- Provide general support to membership.
- General Administration (10%)
- Work with staff to coordinate board meetings and materials.
- Perform general administrative support and share light office
duties with fellow staff members.
The successful candidate will possess superior organizational skills, be able to work independently in a small but busy environment, and focus on multiple projects at once with an eye to detail. All applicants must be available for an in-person interview.
An ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- At least two to three years of professional experience with membership development, visual design, and event planning.
- Exceptional graphic design skills and visual creativity.
- Strong demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Well-organized, extremely accurate, and detail-oriented.
- Effectively diplomatic in serving a diverse membership.
- Ability to work collaboratively as team member in a small office atmosphere with initiative, self-motivation, and flexibility.
- A sense of humor balanced with an eager and committed work ethic.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Quark, or similar design software is a must!
- Knowledge and understanding of nonprofit, environmental, philanthropy, and women's issues.
Salary starting in the high 30s - commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter, resume, writing sample (not to exceed 2 pages), and graphic design products to info(at)rachelsnetwork.org
. No phone calls please.