Northwest Service Academy – Mt. Adams Center, Trout Lake, WA
The Residential Specialist will coordinate the day-to-day operations of the NWSA Mt. Adams Center residential and food service programs under the general direction of the Center Director.
1. Coordinate logistics of the residential facility for trainings, overnight accommodations, and activities conducted during member time off.
2. Assist in developing training programs and activities that promote and encourage a healthy lifestyle and safe living environment.
3. Manage communications, activities, and programs for the residential staff.
4. Ensure compliance and accountability for food service standards, procedures and policies including food service permits and food handler certifications.
5. Provide oversight to and hiring of temporary food service staff consistent with ESD 112 policies; track and approve time and hours; train temporary employees on ESD and NWSA standards and policies.
6. Develop, maintain and track food inventory and budget for all Mt. Adams Center programs (e.g. training programs, field teams, summer camps, workshops and special events).
7. Research vendors, track and place orders, and schedule food and supply deliveries for the Mt. Adams Center residential center.
8. Provide oversight, training and support to all team leaders as it relates to food service and residential systems.
9. Research, set up, and monitor spike camp food, menus, and supply ordering system.
10. Develop menus and prepare meals for members.
11. Maintain kitchen and dining facilities; clean kitchen, dining room, appliances and storage areas.
12. Provide operational oversight for the Mt. Adams Center garden and compost facilities.
13. Seek input and evaluation information as it relates to improvements to the food service and residential systems.
14. Make periodic site visits to traveling field teams.
15. Facilitate public relations and NWSA / AmeriCorps visibility.
1. Leadership or supervisory experience in a residential setting.
2. Experience processing paperwork and maintaining detailed records.
3. Experience with Microsoft Office, including the use of Excel, Word, and Explorer.
1. Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
1. Experience in a corps or experiential education based program.
2. Experience with sustainable living practices including: gardening, composting, and recycling.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
1. Work may be performed in a rural residential setting, and involves activities and driving with exposure to extreme weather and
2. Work flexible hours and variable schedules to accommodate peak and off-peak program periods.
3. Travel within the ESD 112 and NWSA service areas.
4. Current First Aid and CPR certification or the ability to obtain certification within thirty days.
5. Current Food Handler certificate, or the ability to obtain certification prior to hire.
6. Routinely stooping, lifting, carrying, standing and bending.
.750 FTE, flexible schedule
Starting hourly rate $14.46/hr with opportunity for advancement to $19.73/hr
To read a detailed position description and apply, visit http://www.esd112.org/hropenings/
Visit the Northwest Service Academy website: http://northwestserviceacademy.org/index.cfm