GTECH Strategies (http://gtechstrategies.org/) is a Pittsburgh based non-profit dedicated to building community, reducing blight and growing the green economy. Their mission is to reclaim vacancy and empower community through innovative green strategies. They believe that vacancy is a source of blight and the green economy presents opportunities for equitable, sustainable and innovative renewal.
GTECH's core values are:
• To enable, stimulate, and cultivate energy
• To engage, empower and realize community
• To promote and secure social economic and environmental health
• To conduct, develop, and refine responsible business practices
• To innovate, contribute, and measure value
• To practice, advance, and share resourcefulness
GTECH is partnering with the SCA to take on a Sustainable Community Fellow.
This Green Cities Corp Fellow will be responsible for:
- Project coordination of the Green Jobs Advisory Board managing the communication and
administrative duties for the 50+ member group.
- Program assistance for vacant land reclamation programs including volunteer coordination, database
management and communications
- Ongoing organizational development assistance including taking board minutes, stewardship of the
strategic planning process and staffing of multi-organizational collaboratives
- Job tasks also include: Meeting facilitation, note taking and follow up coordination, newsletter
writing, research volunteer coordination, and event planning.