Project Leader: Tyler Lau Project Date: February 7th- May 6th, 2011 Cowpens National Battlefield PO Box 308 Chesnee, SC 29323 Phone: 208-954-4462 Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to all,
This is an update of the progress of the SCA Native Plant Team at COWP for the week of 03/07/2011 to 03/11/2011.
Due to some very RAINY days, the team had to modify their work this past week.
The first day started off great, with the sun shining and a slight breeze to go along with it. Team members did a little trail maintenance and picked up garbage along the nature trail in the morning, spent some time on their mid-season project and then got to use backpack sprayers at some sites on the battleground.
The rest of the week had a few firsts:
1) First time using trimming/pole saws on the nature trail/horse trail
2) Getting new handsaws and loppers
3) Using the new handsaws and loppers for cut-stump treatment of invasive plant species
4) Presenting a preview of the mid-season project to NPS Staff
5) Heavy rain...we mean heavy. Heavy enough that the team had to move out of the basecamp area
Did we mention that COWP has its very own log ride? (see photos)
After some discussion within the team and also with some other teams, we have agreed to start the first unofficial Food Photo Blog/Competition between SCA Corps Teams (A new post will be up soon).
Please, if you have not already done so, begin to take photos of your meals and then write a description of what it is and post it on a continuing group post (see our example).
We're off for the weekend but look forward to updating you all soon with some more progress reports,
Thank you for reading and have a fabulous weekend!