The Online Organizer position supports the strategic planning and implementation of online tools and tactics for the Club's Beyond Coal local, regional and national campaigns. We are a cutting-edge campaign that has stopped any coal plants for being built over the last two years. And we're just getting warmed up! It's a great opportunity to get involved in a lot of different types of environmental programs and play a major role in one of the biggest campaigns in the country.
Previous online organizing experience (1-2 years) is required, ideal candidates will also have experience in Convio or other CRMs as well and an organizing background. The work location is flexible depending upon the qualified candidate.
Job Title: Online Organizer, Beyond Coal Campaign
Location: Flexible -- Minneapolis, MN; Austin, TX; Chicago, IL; Boston, MA; Washington D.C.
Reports To: Senior Online Organizer, Beyond Coal Campaign
Context: Crafts and executes a Beyond Coal campaign’s online organizing strategy for regional projects, that includes developing an active, online network of Club members and supporters engaged in the campaign. Works with appropriate campaign staff to use Club's onlinedata, web and email systems to drive the strategy and further advance the goals of the campaign.
1. Works with others to devise and recommend a plan and strategy for the Beyond CoalCampaign online organizing work in specific regions of the country and on specific national efforts in conjunction with the overall Sierra Club coal strategy. Leads implementation through writing, editing, and production.
2. Organizes, develops, and coordinates online email outreach, web-based advocacy, andonline-to-offline integration of the members and supporters who are interested in the BeyondCoal Campaign.
3. Recommends and implements rapid response plans for the Beyond Coal Campaign.
4. Uses Club integrated email/web/constituent relationship management system to develop segmented lists, track and report results, target emails, and link to appropriate web pages.
5. Travels to organize and coordinate training events, strategy sessions, field meetings, visibility events, or other large events and conferences.
6. Participates in developing a state- based Beyond Coal Campaign strategy and supporting specific social networking, web-presence, and state-based websites.
Knowledge & Skills:
-- 2-3 years of experience in online organizing or campaigning. Strong background in advocacy or political campaign organizing.
-- Proficient computer skills and prior experience or aptitude with internet applications including email, constituent relationship management or other related data systems, social networking systems and web applications.
-- Excellent writing and editing skills. Demonstrated skills in writing and production of onlinecampaign materials. Good verbal communication skills – a high level of campaign staff collaboration and satisfaction is expected.
-- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills and ability to work effectively in an action-oriented office.
-- Ability to work independently, cooperatively and effectively with public, staff and volunteers.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure proper routing of your application, please specify job code Online Organizer – SCTBD#08-11GL-12F in the subject line.
The Sierra Club offers competitive salary package commensurate with skills and experience plus excellent benefits that include medical, dental, and vision coverage, and a retirement savings 401(k) plan.
The Sierra Club is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.