The Environmental Council of the States (ECOS) is accepting applications for an administrative and research assistant to staff the office’s front desk and assist senior staff on various projects.
ECOS is the national non-profit, non-partisan association of state and territorial environmental leaders. The purpose of ECOS is to improve the environmental capabilities of state environmental agencies and their leaders to protect and improve human health and the environment of the United States. To facilitate that, staff work with state environmental directors to champion the role of states, provide for the exchange of ideas, foster cooperation and coordination, and articulate state positions to federal agencies, Congress, and the public.
The administrative and research assistant works with other ECOS staff, state environmental directors and their staff, and representatives of federal agencies to support the association’s work.
Primary responsibilities are:
• To provide general office support to ECOS including receptionist duties, primary phone operation, mail distribution, and general office support.
• To serve as the primary manager of the ECOS contacts database.
• To perform registration services before and during ECOS meetings.
• To assist the Executive Director with his schedule and with special projects.
• To provide support to ECOS staff on research projects and meeting support.
Salary for this position is dependent upon qualifications and ranges from $31,751 to $46,011.
Competitive benefits are also provided.
• Undergraduate degree.
• Excellent communication and organization skills.
• Being a “people person”
• Ability to work on many projects simultaneously and to prioritize tasks.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Access.
• Background in environmental issues preferred.
To apply for this position, send a resume and cover letter.
Applications can be submitted by email to:
chanson(at)ecos.org with subject “Application for Assistant”