Development Internship (Unpaid Internship)
Join EESI as a development intern and learn fundraising skills that are in huge demand across the nonprofit sector today. For more information, please visit: http://www.eesi.org/jobs. For the Winter 2011 Internship Position, we are looking for candidates with availability from 1/3/2011 through 4/30/2011, but the candidate can request or specify any start date or end date in between. Check http://www.eesi.org/jobs for more information about future internship opportunities.
Potential Intern Activities
- Research potential funding sources (foundations, corporations, individuals, public sources)
- Research and summarize issues for use in funding appeals
- Explore creative ways to increase EESI's visibility
- Track and use quotes about EESI
- Contribute to the development of marketing materials (i.e., graphic design, layout) in conjunction with EESI’s Development Director, Communications Coordinator and Communications Interns
- Work with staff on ways to further engage EESI's Board of Directors, Board of Advisors and major donors
- Represent EESI at donor events
- Explore grant opportunities and assist with preparation of grant proposals
- Data entry and other administrative duties as needed
- Other responsibilities as they develop, based on intern interest areas and organization needs
- Upperclassmen pursuing a bachelor's degree, recent graduates or students pursuing a master's degree in marketing, public relations, communications, journalism, politics, nonprofit management, public affairs, environmental studies, or a related field
- Interest in environmental and energy issues, with particular enthusiasm for the communication of pertinent information to funders and potential funders
- Graphic design and layout skills a strong plus
- Strong writing and research skills
- Self-starter, flexible and able to manage multiple tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with database software (especially Salesforce) and web software a plus
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team or independently as needed
- Creativity and openness to expressing new ideas and capacity to produce questions that will further EESI’s mission
Internship Application Requirements
This internship requires a commitment of 25-40 hours per week for 10-12 weeks, with a possible extension. Please specify the time period during which you seek to intern. Citizens of any nation may apply. We offer a friendly, informal and progressive work environment.
To apply please submit the following to Susan Williams at swilliams [at] eesi.org:
- Cover letter explaining your interests, what you hope to gain, and what you can contribute during an internship with EESI
- Current resume
- Writing sample, two-to-five pages in length
- Unofficial transcript
The position is open until filled and is unpaid. We do offer transportation benefits. Thank you for your interest.