Development Assistant at The Conservation Fund
We are seeking an assistant responsible for donor cultivation through acknowledgement of gifts and working closely with staff to help achieve the annual development revenue goals for core operations, the revolving fund and special projects. Will work extensively with Raiser’s Edge database to maintain records and create database standards. Will also serve as the key contact for Earth Share.
The essential functions of this position include but are not limited to:
• Acknowledgement management including drafting, merging, mailing and scanning of acknowledgments created in-house and managing outsourcing if needed
o Includes acknowledgments for Individual, Foundation and Corporate gifts, stocks and wires, real estate bargain sales and giftlands, and credit card gifts
• Liaison with Legal department for gift land and bargain sale transactions
• Complete research on donor prospects and share information with appropriate staff.
• Work closely with Database Assistant to maintain Raisers Edge database including data entry of paper files gift information, acknowledgments and any other donor materials.
• Work with Systems team to create database and procedure standards
• Utilize Raisers Edge to create reports on donor and gift statistics
• Coordinate agenda and run Development team meetings and joint meetings with other departments
• Manage The Conservation Fund’s relationship with EarthShare by completing campaign applications, attending campaign events and reporting participation hours
• Assist with Revolving Fund reporting
• Prepare materials for visits, and for cultivation and solicitation mailings.
• Serve as the executive assistant to the Director of Development
• Assist Development team as needed
The qualified candidate for this position will demonstrate strong writing and communication skills, ability to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects simultaneously and work with people at all levels of the organization. Must be extremely organized and detail oriented. Strong computer skills are needed with proficiency in a Windows environment, the ability to conduct research using the Internet and other online research tools and knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or a similar information management databases. A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of one year related experience is strongly preferred.
How to apply
For additional information visit our website at www.conservationfund.org. We offer a great benefits package and a location close to Metro. Qualified/interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter with salary requirements to:
The Conservation Fund
Attention: Human Resources
1655 N Ft Myer Drive Suite 1300
Arlington, VA 22209
Fax: (703) 527-3058