Program Manger: Lori Gaido Project Dates: Feb 2010 - Dec 2010 Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
SUSTAINABLE CITY FELLOW
The City of Pittsburgh
- Met with management and housekeeping staff at Kane Ross, Kane Glen Hazel, Kane McKeesport, Shuman Juvenile Detention Center, and the Police and Fire Training Academy to tour facilities, discuss where they are with recycling, and determine what additional resources are needed from the County to assist with their recycling plans.
- Contacted purchasing for copies of all waste hauling contracts for the County sites visited.
- Made a list of recommended locations for recycling bins in each location visited.
Green House Gas Inventory Phase 2
- Met with PEC and representatives from the Community College of Allegheny County (CCAC), including facility managers from all campuses, to present how the County had conducted its Greenhouse Gas Inventory and Climate Action Plan and answer questions about what would be required of CCAC to complete an Inventory and Action Plan.
- Continued communication with GreenNurture staff to troubleshoot issues and make suggestions about the GreenNurture website and program.
- Set up a meeting between County employees who have had technical problems with the program and GreenNurture staff and web developers to try to figure out a solution to the technical problems being experienced.
- Responded to additional County employees who expressed interest in being part of GreenNurture and added these additional contacts to the system.
- Monitored GreenNurture message boards and added comments to eco-action posts.
- Updated GreenNurture spreadsheet with new posts.
LEED for Existing Buildings
- Met with Evolve Architecture to discuss methods of benchmarking and comparing the energy efficiency of County buildings.
- Used utility usage data previously entered into Utility Manager to calculate the Energy Utilization Index (EUI) for several County buildings to allow for their energy efficiency to be compared.
- Attended the LEED-EBOM task force meeting and discussed the findings of comparing the EUI of the four Kane Regional Centers.
- Researched individual site attributes and default values needed to create profiles for County-owned buildings in Energy Star portfolio manager.
- Organized groupings to be added to Utility manager for comparison purposes once the tool went live.
- Set up user defined charts to generate output of all utilities for comparison purposes and EUI calculations.
- Reviewed individual Parks, Public Works, Kanes and Shuman accounts to check for missing or incomplete data.
- Began inputting incomplete data for various parks accounts to make sure a complete utility listing is available for all accounts for at least 2008- mid 2010.
- Communicated with LPB energy about technical issues around uploading data to Portfolio Manager from Utility Manager.
South Park Redevelopment
- Attended and took notes at weekly check-in meetings with the Parks Department, Parks Foundation, and County consultants.
- Replied to emails from citizens about the project and forwarded people who contacted the sustainability office about the project to GAI to be included in focus groups and/or invited to public meetings.
- Attended County government focus group about project at South Park.
- Attended project design charrette at South Park.
- Met with GAI consultants and steering committee to review the possible redevelopment plans.
- Attended Black and Gold City Goes Green Partner Luncheon.
- Attended Pittsburgh Climate Initiative meetings.
Sustainable Pittsburgh’s Smart Growth Conference