Project Sponsor: Northwest Service Academy-Mt. Adams Center www.mtadamscenter.org
Service Dates: February 7 – December 16, 2011
NWSA Mission: This position is in partnership with the Northwest Service Academy (NWSA), an AmeriCorps program of ESD112. NWSA's mission is to preserve and restore the natural environment, and to develop community leaders through service and community partnerships. www.nwserviceacademy.org
Project Location: throughout Washington
The Northwest Service Academy--Mt. Adams Center Environmental Internship Program places individuals throughout the Pacific Northwest with the leading public lands agencies and community based non-profits. Interns restore watersheds, recruit volunteers, organize public education events and much more. Along the way, interns develop professional skills, build career networks, and gain practical experience in an exciting field. Interns come from all walks of life but share a common goal: the desire to advance their career in the environmental arena while engaging in service to their communities. If you are ready to launch to your career and have the prerequisite skills and experience, the Environmental Intern Program is your path to opportunity. Detailed position descriptions with duties, requirements, and important information on how to complete your application is available at http://mtadamscenter.org/open-positions.cfm.
Member Benefits Include:
1. A total taxable living allowance (before taxes) of $11,800.
2. Upon successful completion of a term of service, eligible members/leaders receive an education award of $5,350. The education award can be used to repay qualified student loans, for further education in an accredited institution of higher learning, vocational or trade schools. The education award is taxed in the year that it is used.
3. Loan forbearance (after successful completion of a term of service, AmeriCorps will pay the accrued interest on qualified loans, which is taxable).
4. Basic medical insurance (covers members only, not dependents; vision and dental not included).
5. Child care allowance for those who qualify.
How to apply:
Step 1 - Complete your application Online at the AmeriCorps website www.americorps.gov/Default.asp
-If you do not already have a username and password, you must Create A Profile
-Once you have logged in, create an application by clicking "Applications" under the "My AmeriCorps" menu.
-To apply to this specific position, click "Search Listings" under the "My AmeriCorps" menu and search for program name Northwest Service Academy-MAC
-Select the position listing and click "Apply Now" at the bottom of the page.
Step 2: Submit the additional materials listed at http://mtadamscenter.org/americorps-apply-today.cfm.
Questions? Contact Amanda Green at firstname.lastname@example.org