Program Manger: Lori Gaido Project Dates: Feb 2010 - Dec 2010 Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
SUSTAINABLE COUNTY FELLOW
Greenhouse Gas Inventory
- Starting Phase two of Greenhouse Gas Inventory with County Authorities
- Discussed moving forward with inventories for County Authorities with PA Environmental Council
- Drafted a list of all data that will be required to complete a Greenhouse Gas Inventory
- Reviewed PACT steam data from County Inventory and the ICLEI guidelines for Steam and District
Heating. This included going over the steam calculations from County report and determine methodology used for calculation, re-running the data through CACP and verifying the results by hand calculations as directed in INCLEI protocols.
- Drafted document detailing the process used to determine carbon emissions from steam use and the kilowatt equivalent associated with steam production
- Worked on County Recycling Resource Guide
- Followed up with parks after recycling bins were received.
- Visited White Oak and Round Hill Parks to talk to park managers and discuss recycling, determine if bins delivered, recycling pickup schedules, bin placement and if anything else is needed.
- Reviewed and updated grants spreadsheet with new opening and deadline dates.
- Reorganized and categorized the list for easier reading and to organize based on types of projects to be funded.
- Signed up for notifications for various grant programs.
- Attended conference call for explanation of Green Nurture Program
- Made a list of interested County Employees who would like to be a part of the program
- Responded to all initially interested County employees and upload these contacts to the Green
- Communicated with Green Nurture staff to troubleshoot names and emails which were not working
- Responded to additional County employees who expressed interest in being part of Green Nurture and added these additional contacts to the program.
- Monitoring Green Nurture Message boards.
Allegheny Green +Innovation Festival
Assisted event coordinator with various tasks
Attend event and worked at the Information Booth
SCA Community Volunteer Day in Hazelwood
Attended planning meetings with other SCA fellows
Updated facebook page for event
Walked around Hazelwood talking to residents and businesses about the event
Posted fliers around the community to promote the volunteer day
Attended the event
LEED for Existing Buildings
- Attended meetings to discuss possibility upgrading a County-owned building to achieve LEED-
- Researched other buildings similar to Allegheny County properties who have achieved LEED-EBOM status.
- Researched Energy Star portfolio manager categories and determined how Allegheny County properties could fit into these categories.
- Assisted in determining best candidate buildings for upgrades by determining ages of buildings.
- Attended Green Action Team meetings and took notes
- Attended Pittsburgh Climate Initiative meetings
- Reviewed and edited articles from web intern for posting on the County website
- Assisted with County Demand Response program to reduce electrical demand