Program Manger: Lori Gaido Project Dates: Feb 2010 - Dec 2010 Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Green Building Alliance (http://www.gbapgh.org/) is a non-profit organization that advances economic prosperity and human well being in Western Pennsylvania by driving market demand for green buildings and green building products.
GBA is partnering with the SCA this year to take on a Sustainable Climate Fellow.
This Green Cities Corps Fellow with be responsible for:
Supporting Green Building Alliance's work with the Pittsburgh Climate Initiative (PCI). PCI seeks to raise awareness and engage Pittsburgh's residents, businesses, government, and higher education institutions in taking actions that will reduce greenhouse gas emissions and their impact on our local economy and human well being.
PCI has a Steering Committee of local partners and is financially supported through funding from Surdna Foundation. The GBA Climate Intern will have the following duties:
- Help implement the Pittsburgh's Climate Action Plan, Version 1.0.
- Update the PCI Action Plan and the PCI website
- Assist in organizing community outreach activities.
- Coordinate the PCI Steering Committee, PCI Working Group meetings, and conference calls.
Provide meeting support and follow-up.
- Help develop metrics associated with the Pittsburgh Climate Action Plan and Inventory.
This includes familiarity with ICLEI's climate software, on which training will be provided.